Skip to main content

My First Three Sweaters




Hi,

I mentioned my first three sweaters in the introductory post. Here are pictures and stats:

Title: Einstein Coat
Designer: Sally Melville
Source: "The Knit Stitch"
Yarn: Ellyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets, Big Horn Wool, in color Chinese Poppy

Shown with:
Title: Misty Garden Scarf
Designer: Jo Sharp
Source: "Scarf Style"
Yarn: Grace Wool and Silk, Color 6

Title: Drop Shoulder Cardigan
Designer: Sandi Prossen
Source: "Vogue Knitting," Winter 2004/2005
Yarn: Tahki Yarns, Ghost Print, Color 4105

Title: Surplice Lace Top
Designer: Gayle Bunn
Source: "Nashua Designer Series #4"
Yarn: Berrocco, Nostalgia

The Einstein Coat was a dream to knit. I loved the yarn so much that I picked up a coordinating color to make Sally Melville's modular sweater from the "Color" book. It's in the stash...

The Drop Shoulder Cardigan is too bulky and doesn't close in the middle if you don't hold it. The model in Vogue Knitting was holding hers, too. It is a lesson learned to be careful if the model seems to be "helping" the sweater to lay right... No more bulky yarns on big needles for me, I think. I start out looking too bulky to start with! (I'm working on that. Down 50 since February, 70 since last year.)

The Surplice Lace Top turned out adorable, and I am very pleased with the fit, though I do have to wear a T-shirt or camisole underneath for modesty's sake.

Happy Knitting!
Lisa Kay

Comments