Skip to main content

My Sock Yarn Is Here!




Hi! I ran out yesterday at lunch to Myer's House and picked up the Opal you see in the top picture. It is a "self-patterning" one, which I find very intriguing. My shipment from The Loopy Ewe also came, yesterday, so I found it difficult to decide where to start. I picked the Opal, since it has a bit of stretch to it and will hopefully be more forgiving. (The other two are 100% Merino Wool.) I did a gauge swatch and then a couple rows of ribbing for the sock. I knitted more ribbing at lunch time today. I'm hooked!
The Boomerang is a bit heavier gauge than I expected. I'll have to be careful to watch the gauge mentioned on The Loopy Ewe. I was just picking by color and "assumed" it would be a "sock" yarn. Oh, well! This should make an interesting, thick winter pair!
Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments