Skip to main content

Sock #3: Cherry Fizz



Hi!

While on my way to Whidbey Island, yesterday, I finished up the second sock in pair #3. I used the Stansfield 304 pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks, again. The Seacoast Panda knitted up beautifully, and it sets off the stitch pattern very well.

The colors were well-separated in the pattern stitch. On the heel and toe they pooled just a bit due to the shorter repeat. This seems to imply that you could get a yarn that "pooled" to behave better by knitting a different number of stitches. It's a bit like a resonance... at a certain stitch repeat rate, the colors line up. You could just knit for somebody else-- someone with a different foot size. I'm sure my husband would have loved a pair of socks this color (pink, pink, and pink)!

Happy Knitting!
Lisa Kay

Comments