Skip to main content

Winding Yarn Balls



Hi!
It sounds like something Robin would say. "Winding Yarn Balls, Batman!"
I'm always surprised how different hand-painted yarn looks in the ball than in the hank. The one above is Seacoast Panda, in color Glacier. (60% Merino, 30% Bamboo, 10% Nylon).



The pink is another colorway of the Seacoast Panda, color Cherry Fizz.



This one is The Knittery's Merino Cashmere Sock, in color Watercolors. (60% Merino, 20% Cashmere, 20% Nylon).


And, in case you were wondering, here is my ball-winding set-up. I haven't had the swift and winder very long. I ordered back in January or so, but I ordered a wooden one. After waiting about six months, they finally sent... a plastic one. I just asked for a refund of the difference in price and started winding...

Here are the three blue yarns (previously posted as hanks), wound into balls. The front two are Fleece Artist Somoko, Blue Lagoon on the left, and Pinata on the right (65% Merino, 20% Kid, 10% Nylon, 5% Silk). In the rear is Misty Mountain Farm, Evening Jewel (100% Merino). The Evening Jewel has such long color repeats that I think it may end up working like a "self-striping" yarn.

Lots of knitting to do!

Happy Knitting!
Lisa Kay

Comments