Skip to main content

Sock #4: CFE Sock Club





Hi,
I finished the Crazy For Ewe (CFE) sock club socks, using the first yarn, which was the July yarn, I believe. (I haven't had it that long; I joined on one of my trips, later.) It is "Opal Fire" by the Great Adirondack Yarn Company, a custom-dyed yarn for the club.
The sock club also provided some wonderful patterns, but the one I wanted to make had a complicated chart, and I copped out and made an easy pattern. I used "Crosshatch Lace" from More Sensational Knitted Socks. It has a six-stitch, 8-row repeat that is easy to memorize. I don't think my results look quite like the pictures. I wonder if they knitted into the back of their yarn-overs. I knitted into the front of YO's. It makes the lace openings rather large. I like the socks, though!
Happy Knitting!
Lisa Kay

P.S. Here is the gorgeous yarn, in hank and ball.

Comments

Ellen said…
Beautiful! You finished just in time. The fall shipment goes out next week - the color is Myrtle Point!