Skip to main content

Sock #5 and Mannequin Leg


Hi!

Christmas Eve gives me a chance to post this photo for two reasons:

1. There were two pairs of these "Monkey" socks, and one was a Christmas gift for my mom. Since my folks check the blog, I had to wait!

2. Dad got me this cool mannequin leg for Christmas. The ubiquitous "little bird" told him I wanted one!

The sock pattern is the "Monkey" by CookieA, on Knitty.com. The yarn is Ellyn Cooper's Yarn Sonnets, Carrera, in colorway "Aquatide." It is 50% wool, 50% silk. Yummy.

I actually made this sock six times. The first two were tight. (I used a size smaller needles than the pattern. Not a good idea.) I thought I'd just put up with them being tight... I had planned to make two pair. After I made the second pair for my mom, I decided they were wonderful and that I had to re-knit the first pair. Since I can knit a sock in about two weeks, I spent about three months on these socks. Boy, was I ready to be done with them!

I also made three of the mini's.

Here is the yarn in hank and ball. It is wonderful stuff.

Happy Knitting!
Lisa Kay

Comments