I've seen a few blog things where folks ask certain questions, and you answer them in turn... This set came from Fig and Plum.
1. What Was I Doing Ten Years Ago?
In 1998, I bought my first house (a townhouse) in Leesburg, Virginia. I was working at Orbital Sciences Corporation on the OrbView-4 imaging satellite. In my free time, I was quilting (not yet knitting) and gardening.
2. What are 5 Things on My To-Do List Today?
a) Sew buttons on Tempest II (done)
b) Update McAfee and remove Spyware from my 'puter (done, I think... ack!)
c) Laundry (still needs folded)
d) Knit if I get some time (I did, a bit... still hoping for a bit more)
e) Sunday night dinner with the grandparents (only W's this week. E's at family reunion...)
3. Snacks I Enjoy
- Lately, I eat a lot of "100 Calorie" anything. My desk is full of 100 Cal Doritoes, popcorn, M&M's, etc... The trick is to just have one!
- Ice cream (My favorite low-cal one is Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches in mint flavor.)
- Cheese (Weight Watchers has some one-point cheese sticks.)
- Sometimes I combine a WW english muffin and WW cheese. (2 pts)
4. Things I Would Do If I Were a Billionaire
- Take golf lessons from someone who knows what they're doing and tour the world's famous courses.
- Knit a lot
- If it happened soon, I might have another child. (Have I mentioned I would quit my job?)
5. Places I Have Lived
- Beale AFB
- Southern Illinois
- Cambridge, MA (College)
- Los Angeles (Garden Grove /La Habra / Pasadena / Monrovia / Glendale)
- Virginia (Ashburn and Leesburg)
- Southern Illinois, again
6. Jobs I've Had
Going way back...
- Lifeguard (3 summers)
- Short order cook (college, 2 years)
- Lab assistant, MIT Space Systems Lab (college, 2 years)
- McDonnell Douglas (Space Station)
- Jet Propulsion Lab (Cassini, Mars Pathfinder)
- Orbital Sciences (BATSAT, OrbView-4)
- Boeing (Hornets)
Tag, you're it. (Leave a comment if you play, so I can see your entry...)