Skip to main content

Garden Spider



Hi,

All visitors to the house, beware. (Luckily, I don't have any yarn orders pending...) There is a spider who has built a web across our front walk. It goes from a tree in the main yard to a tree in the garden bed by the house. Try clicking on the picture of the house, and I think you'll be able to see the web. She isn't on the web in the picture, because it was the last one I took, and I had frightened her off the web by then. (She ran up into the tree.)

She is over an inch long. It is hard to get scale in the pictures, but you can see the "eye" of the nest in the spider picture, and you can also see it in the picture of the web, so you can get an idea of how big she is. I thought about trying to hold up a quarter or something, but I was too chicken.

Mitchell likes her. He said, "She's friendly. She likes me." Daddy says, "Spiders are good. They eat bugs." So, she is not in great peril at the moment... unless someone comes to visit. Maybe we should put up a sign...

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments