Skip to main content

Ribbed Vest

Hi,

And, yes, I am still knitting (though it is taking a bit of a back seat to spinning just at the moment). I started the "Vest with Deep Ribbing" on the morning I went in for surgery, and I worked on it a bit in the hospital. It is also a good waiting room project. I go in for an appointment with the surgeon, today. The last time I met with him, I had an hour and a half of knitting in the waiting room!




I may have to shorten the arms/shoulders. After the neck decreases, they were already too long. The pattern said, after the decreases, to "work straight until..." but it was already longer than that. Hmmm. I think it may work, just with armholes falling a little deeper than usual. We'll see...
I am hoping that I like how this pattern fits and looks, because I think it would be a good project for some homespun. In fact, the yarn called for by the pattern is actually *called* homespun, even though it isn't. (It is Tahki "Donegal Tweed," and the pattern is from their book, Tahki Tweed. The yarn band says, "Donegal Tweed Homespun.")

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments