I finished spinning up the "homework" roving from my first class. There were two pieces of cream colored merino, and also a piece of brown wool roving (exact wool type not known). I posted the first cream merino already. Since then, I spun the second cream merino and then the brown into singles. The cream was much longer than the brown. I plied cream and brown together, and then I plied the remaining cream with itself. That gave me three skeins, shown above, left to right.
Then, I started working on one of the rovings I ordered last week, in this case, the Creatively Dyed "Pirate" roving. I have spun about a quarter of it on the drop spindle. (I separated the roving into four strips, as a sort of "pre-drafting" process.) If I get the second quarter spun before class, tomorrow, I'll ply it. Maybe I can do the second half of the roving on a wheel, and then compare results.
P.S. Medical Status: I got the "drain" out this morning, so I feel much better.