Skip to main content

Wandering Wooly Worm



Hi,

Anything wooly, at our house...

Seriously, we found this wooly worm wandering in the street. I stopped the car to "rescue" it. We took it home and played with it for a while. Mitchell ran over it with his dump truck a couple of times before I could stop him, but the wooly worm seemed to keep right on ticking.

We kept him (her?) overnight in a jar with some foliage, and then returned it to the wild the next day. It was still pretty active, so I don't think we did it any harm.

It certainly seemed furry. Isn't that supposed to mean a cold winter? Or is it when the fur is black? Either way, I think we're in for it, this year...

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Laura said…
I think here in the South the weather guys are predicting a warmer than usual winter for us. It doesn't matter. We have two loads of firewood and plan to get two more, so we can read, do school work, knit and spin by the fire!