Friday, January 2, 2009

Dragon Fruit Spinning Done

Hi,

I finished spinning and washing the Spunsilver Creations Dragon Fruit. It turned out about 1300 yards of two-ply heavy worsted/light bulky. (9 wpi) Below is just one of the six skeins.



Here are the bobbins loaded up with singles before plying. I actually had six bobbins, but I plied the middle two after they were spun, so that I wouldn't have to take them off the bobbins and put them back on, later. Then, I spun the last two and plied 1 to 6 and 2 to 5.


I had six skeins, of varying sizes. I tended to get about 120 niddy-noddy wraps (5.3 ft) per bobbin, when filled as full as I could get it.



The color looks very consistent, but I still plan to alternate skeins when I knit. I'm not sure, yet, what I'll make. I've got a couple of candidates in mind...

And, for completeness, here's a reminder of what it looked like as roving (though I posted it, before).


Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

2 comments:

spunsilver said...

It's just beautiful - you did a great job spinning it! I can't wait to see what you make with it :)

Happy New Year!!

Jennifer said...

It's Bee-you-ti-ful! Nice job.