Skip to main content

So Many Socks

Hi,

Just when I got re-interested in socks, I really got hooked. The Wendy Johnson book I was talking about a couple posts back, "Socks From the Toe Up," has a Knit Along (KAL) on Ravelry. They're doing one sock from the book and one Wendy Johnson pattern previously published, each month, for 23 months! (There are 23 patterns in the book, and they specify the pattern every month.) Oh, man. That's 46 socks! They have prizes and everything! I guess I'd better finish the pair I'm doing. The first month starts June 1. (I'm traveling that day, so I'll get some extra knitting time on the plane. Golden!)

Interestingly, the Cookie A book has a KAL in the same format going on. You can find it on Ravelry, too. I couldn't possibly do two of her socks every month. They're much harder! (Well, I really like the Monkey pattern, but most of the others look wicked hard, especially the new book.)

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

lamazeteacher said…
I was just looking through some of the KAL's from The Loopy Ewe and saw your version of the CPH. I had already put that in my "things to do" list because I think it's one of the prettiest sweaters ever. I can't remember where I saw it first but fell in love instantly! Then when I went to blogspot.com to see if I could find you blog about it and signed it, the first blog entered today was yours! Is that mental telepathy or what? Anyhow, I would like to know what color of DIC you used for your sweater. You are an awesome knitter (and Mitchell is an absolute gem!!!)
Judy
Lisa Kay said…
Hi, Judy,

The colorway for the CPH was Ruby River, although it looks more pink than ruby. I think it is gorgeous, though. I have some left, and I may make the Van Dyke socks from, "Socks From The Toe Up," from that. The pair in the book used DIC Classy. They're heavier socks.

Thanks!
Lisa Kay
Jennifer said…
Ooh - that's good to know. I have Wendy's new book (love it) but haven't purchased Cookie's book. I'll have to go check it out. Thanks for the tip.