I finished my KAL sock from the Lacy Rib pattern in "Socks From The Toe Up." This gives me a hiatus until the next KAL starts July 1. The yarn, Araucania Multy, is a pretty color, but it isn't a very yummy base. It feels a bit like Opal, which I used for my first sock. It seems like a sort of "utilitarian" base. I have some Louet Gems, which I picked up recently (a gorgeous "Wild Cherry" variegated pink from "Crazy For Ewe" and a solid from "The Loopy Ewe,") and that base seems much more luxurious, springy and soft to the touch. The Louet colors are all very rich, also, so it is no compromise... I'm also waiting for just the right sock pattern to use my Creatively Dyed Calypso... It has a lot of color changes, so it is more a appropriate for a pattern without a lot of detailed stitching, cables, and so forth that will get lost in the color. Hmmm...
I'm working on some socks for Mitchell from the leftover green yarn from Sprucey Lucy. I have the first sock done. I think I'll have enough yarn for a bootie out of each skein, too. :)