Skip to main content

November KAL Socks

Hi,

The November/December Knit Along for the "Socks From The Toe Up" (Ravelry Link) group is using the "basic" sock patterns (plain knitting), or any previous SFFTU KAL pattern. To make the "basic" socks more interesting, there are four categories: plain (use self-striping or interesting yarn), "monster" (use left-overs from previous socks), "colorwork" (multi-strand/picture knitting, typically), and "holiday."

I've finished my first plain sock with self-striping yarn. This is Opal's Harry Potter series yarn in the colorway "Tonks." (I have "Harry" in my stash, too. That one is mostly blue tones, but in similar striping patterns.)

I've also started my "monster" socks using leftovers from previous socks ("On Hold" and "Sea Weed"). This is the Creatively Dyed Calypso in "HotHotHot" (orange) and "Good Will" (green). I actually kinda like these...

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments