Skip to main content

Christmas Lights Cardigan Started

Hi,

I've gotten a pretty good start on the cardigan based on the December Lights Tam. You can see the XOX pattern that comes from the tam pattern. It still has the rest of the second peerie repeat (just started at the top of this picture) and then one more XOX pattern repeat to go before the shoulders... and sleeves and bands, of course.

Below is the sleeve steek. Isn't it pretty? It seems a shame to cut it. It makes me realize why folks do "seed" stitch on the hands of mittens and gloves. It isn't just simple; it also looks nice!

Below is my rough working chart of the peerie pattern. It is colored with my son's crayons. There is a fuschia row at the top that doesn't show up very well. It starts with the right column and continues with the left column. (I ran out of paper...) The red dots are where I'm doing neck decreases.


These peerie patterns are pretty standard stuff, seen in several of the fair isle books. I basically started with a picture from Michael Pearson's book, but I've seen them other places, too, including charts in Alice Starmore's "Book of Fair Isle Knitting."
So far, I am really enjoying the project! If I have any reservations, it is that the marine heather and edamame peerie is a little eye-watering.
Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

sarah said…
Wow! Simply amazing! Greetings froms snowy Switzerland, sarah.