Skip to main content

Christmas Lights Cardigan - Reinforcing Steeks

Hi,

I finished knitting the body of the cardigan, and I'm reinforcing the steeks, now. Chris saw this and gave me a disgusted look and said, "Is that the edging?" No. It isn't the edging. This green crochet will reinforce the cut steek and be turned to the inside. Just be patient!

I'm anxious to try the sleeves. That means I have to get my scissors out and get cutting...

Here's a close up of the crochet reinforcing. Five stitches to the left and right, you can see the "edge" stitch, almost always in green, a column of stitches that defines the edge of the steek. The bands (or sleeves) will be "picked up" at that column of stitches. It will be cut between the columns of crochet, and the five stitches between the cut and the pick up will be turned to the inside as a facing. (It gets sewn down... or whipped down, if you prefer. Ha!)

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments