Skip to main content

Melody Sock

Hi,

I took a break from Fair Isle to finish up some socks I started in December. The yarn is Jojoland Melody, which is a little bit finer gauge than most of what I use. Ironically, I had a size larger needle than normal because I was on travel with just one set of needles... which were larger than normal because I was working with my homespun yarn. After finishing my homespun socks, I found a local yarn store. (Oak Harbor, WA), and I found the Melody. I was astonished at how fine it was when I started using it. Because of the larger (size 2) needles, I reduced the number of stitches, and with the thinner yarn, it worked up at a looser stitch gauge. They ended up fitting a bit snugger than most of my socks, but they work.



The stitch pattern is "Van Dyke," from "Socks From The Toe Up." I had already made one pair with the pattern, and it is easy to modify the number of stitches, and I could work it out without having the book with me in WA.

I also used a gusset heel instead of a flap heel. It doesn't seem as sturdy. We'll see. I'm not sure I'm willing to darn socks...

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Judy S. said…
Nice socks! I made a scarf with Rhythm and love the Jojoland colors. Were you in WA for business?
Lisa Kay said…
Yes. I used to go to the right coast a lot. Now, I've been going to the left coast a lot. Next week, CA!

Lisa Kay