Skip to main content

Mallow Sock Done

Hi,

I finished the February Sock.


The stitch pattern is very pretty and interesting, though I found it fairly impossible to memorize. I prefer a pattern where I can "just go" and not keep looking at the chart.


I had enough yarn left over to make two pairs of booties.


I used the Checkerboard Gansey Bootie pattern, but I replaced the stitch pattern with the "I Heart Toe Up Socks" stitch chart from "Socks From The Toe Up." The only other modification is to cast on one extra stitch, because an odd number is needed to center the heart. After the toe, start the first heart chart. Then, do four plain rows and start another heart. Start the gusset on the sixth row of the second heart, and do eight plain rows after the second heart, for a total of 30 rows. (Each heart is nine rows.) Then, do the heel per the pattern. No heel modifications are required because the instructions to "work to the last nine stitches" don't care about the extra stitch.

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Laura said…
Socks and booties are both gorgeous! Love that blue!!