Skip to main content

Family Reunion

Hi,

Chris' mom's side of the family does a reunion each April. We usually make it there, as it is about 1.5 hours away. (My family reunion is about four hours away, in July, and we have missed a couple years in a row...)

One of the first to arrive after we got there was little Sarah. Mitchell immediately went and took her by the hand and led her over to where he was drawing.



There were a lot of little kids, this year, and Mitchell enjoyed playing and running around. I'm not sure of all the relations... there are second and third cousins and once and twice removed... The kids of a certain age all sat lined up with paper and pens.



Someone brought a bag of balloons to blow up, and it kept the kids occupied.



While Chris was helping scrub barbeques, Mitchell and I went outside, too, and I found a four-leaf clover. Aunt Lois said this means I get one year of good luck... and that, next year, I have to find another one. We pressed it in a book.

There are a couple old stumps out front, which the kids also liked to climb on. Late in the day, Mitchell asked me to get up with him, and I handed Chris my camera.



He really seems to be turning into a young man a lot faster than I expected. He's only four!

Our thoughts and prayers are with Uncle Robert, as Aunt Jean passed away, yesterday.

Lisa Kay

Comments