Skip to main content

Favorite Things - Flowering Trees

Hi,

With the Spring weather we've been having, the flowering trees are really putting on a show. Here is one on the street behind Troy Foods, where I happened to be picking up some chicken for dinner. I drove around the block to take a picture of this magnolia.





There is another variety of magnolia on my way home, over by the fire station in town. You can see the ambulance that is usually parked beside it.






The Dierberg's in Shiloh has a row of pink trees. I'm not sure what they are, but perhaps crab apples.



The purple leafed plum in my own yard is about at its peak, too, and had a lot of bees pollinating it.



The crab apples in my yard aren't flowering yet. They are full of buds, though.



Did you know that trees that flower before they grow leaves in the Spring are called, "precocious?"

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments