Skip to main content

Birthday Goodies

Hi,

For my birtday, my mom and Mitchell and I went to The Loopy Ewe. This is the third year in a row (not that I need any more yarn)! Ha!

I wore my new Sock Club Lite socks, and the elves were surprised they were done so fast...


I did pick up two new yarns...


Dream In Color, Smooshy, in colorway "Valentine"


Hand Maiden, Swiss Mountain Sea Sock, in colorway "Blackberry"

We also ate at The Cheesecake Factory at the Galeria. Mitchell liked the honey wheat bread and the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake. (The three of us shared one slice!) What's not to like?

Mitchell (and Daddy) gave me a birdhouse kit for my birthday present, and we put it together before bedtime.




All the grandparents came over for dinner, and I cast on another sock, the Catnip sock for the "Socks From The Toe Up" knit along on Ravelry. This is the second sock pattern (not from the book), and is available on Wendy Knits for free.



I used a size smaller needle than usual (for Wendy's 66 stitch patterns), size 1 instead of 1.5, due to all the yarn overs. The yarn is Colinette Jitterbug in the colorway "Velvet Damson." I had to pick a bit tighter yarn than the Caper Sock, because the pattern didn't have any smaller sizing, and 66 stitches is too many for Caper...

It was a fun and crafty birthday!

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments