Skip to main content

Catnip Progress

Hi,

I finished my first Catnip sock (pattern and yarn described in previous post).

I always divide my sock yarn into two even balls, using a scale. It works especially well for toe-up socks, because you can always end whenever you run out of yarn. After finishing the first Catnip sock, I just had the little butterfly of yarn shown in the picture.



It is seven pattern repeats before the gusset, eight pattern repeats after the heel, and ten rounds of ribbing. That will be the closest I've come to exactly using up a skein of yarn. This is the first time I've used Colinette Jitterbug, and I've heard it can be "close." In fact, I think it was a discussion of this yarn where I first heard the suggestion of dividing the yarn in half before knitting. Cool!

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments