Skip to main content

Rosebud Sock

Hi,

I've finished the first sock in "Rosebud," a pattern from Wendy Johnson's new book, "Toe-Up Socks For Every Body."


I'm using Djinni, a yarn from Dragonfly Fibers, in the colorway "Flaming Lips." The yarn is a light fingering weight with a 10% cashmere content. It is a fairly firm yarn with good stitch definition. It looks a lot like the yarn used in the book. (It is the cover sock, on the left of the cover picture.)


The pattern looks really complicated, but it is actually quite repetitive and easy to memorize. Great pattern!


It took about a week for the first sock. The second may go a bit faster, since I have a plane trip Monday and Tuesday. This sock has Mitchell asking for red socks... luckily, I think I have enough left-over from this skein to make him a small pair.

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments