Skip to main content

Diagonal Lace Progress

Hi,

I finished the first Diagonal Lace Sock (pattern and yarn info in previous post).



I started the second sock, mirroring the pattern. The k2tog is slightly neater than ssk, even though I tried to improve the appearance line of ssk's by knitting through the back loop on the next row. It also is slightly easier to work a k2tog, so I like the mirrored version better.

The Zen Yarn Garden Art Walk Sock Club yarn I'm using happens to be BFL and nylon (Blue Faced Leicester). It is a fairly firm yarn, and should wear well. As it turns out, I just got the June Art Walk Sock Club yarn this week. It is based on Andy Warhol's "Green Cat."



We got a treat in the yarn base this month, Serenity 20 (which is 20% cashmere) because of a delay in the order of the regular base. (I'm sure everyone in the club was terribly heart-broken about that.) It is a really soft yarn. Lots of folks will probably make little shawls or scarves instead of socks. I don't know. I'm sort of a sock gal...

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments