Skip to main content

Embossed Leaves

Hi,

Even though I'm working on my "scarf" lace shawl, I still have a sock going. For one thing, it is a portable project. I take my sock knitting along with me in the car on the weekend. Since we drove over to St. Louis on Sunday, I definitely needed some portable knitting.

Since I already finished both June KAL socks, I started something different... It is a popular pattern (per Ravelry) called Embossed Leaves, by Mona Schmidt. The pattern is available in the book "Favorite Socks," a compilation of Interweave Knits patterns.





I'm using Bugga Sock yarn, dyed by Sanguine Gryphon (also available at The Loopy Ewe). It is 20% cashmere, a bit heavier than fingering, in lovely shaded colors. This colorway is called, "Cuban Cockroach." Of course, Bugga colors are named after bugs...



I can see why this is a popular pattern. It is easy to follow (or even memorize), and it knits up beautifully. While it isn't my preferred toe-up method, it doesn't translate to toe-up very easily because it has a special toe that complements the leaf pattern. More on that in a future post, of course...

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Melissa said…
That's a great combination of pattern + yarn! I've knit the embossed leaves twice now, but not in green. I think I may have to re-evaluate that situation...
Unknown said…
Very pretty!