Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thinking About Lace

Hi,

I have been seriously thinking about doing a lace shawl. I have a lace scarf (or stole) started that I began years ago, and I got it out and worked a bit on it. It is about half done.






I've been looking at projects on Ravelry, and I found the Shetland Lace Triangle (Ravelry Link), which is really working its way into the front of my queue... I particularly like this one by Jared Flood. The yarn is really a gorgeous choice. I ordered two skeins of the same yarn, Sundara Yarn's Aran Silky Merino, in a different color, "Flower Studies #33," or more generally, "Iridescent indigo leaning toward purple." I wonder if I can finish the pink stole by the time my Sundara order arrives?

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

3 comments:

amy von gohren said...

Hi Lisa, I've been thinking about lace, too. Ty Walker and I are knitting the Medallion tunic from Vogue's Spring/Summer 2008 and the shawl that is calling to me is called Aestlight by Gudrun Johnston (avail as a ravelry download for $5). Does that call you you?

Cheers,
Amy

Lisa Kay said...

Yes! It is one of the shawls I have been "stalking" on Ravelry. Here's a lovely one: http://oiyi.blogspot.com/2009/07/shawl-addiction.html

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Robin said...

I am currently knitting the Shetland Lace Triangle out of my handspun silk that I finished. I am loving it.