Skip to main content

Thinking About Lace

Hi,

I have been seriously thinking about doing a lace shawl. I have a lace scarf (or stole) started that I began years ago, and I got it out and worked a bit on it. It is about half done.






I've been looking at projects on Ravelry, and I found the Shetland Lace Triangle (Ravelry Link), which is really working its way into the front of my queue... I particularly like this one by Jared Flood. The yarn is really a gorgeous choice. I ordered two skeins of the same yarn, Sundara Yarn's Aran Silky Merino, in a different color, "Flower Studies #33," or more generally, "Iridescent indigo leaning toward purple." I wonder if I can finish the pink stole by the time my Sundara order arrives?

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

amy von gohren said…
Hi Lisa, I've been thinking about lace, too. Ty Walker and I are knitting the Medallion tunic from Vogue's Spring/Summer 2008 and the shawl that is calling to me is called Aestlight by Gudrun Johnston (avail as a ravelry download for $5). Does that call you you?

Cheers,
Amy
Lisa Kay said…
Yes! It is one of the shawls I have been "stalking" on Ravelry. Here's a lovely one: http://oiyi.blogspot.com/2009/07/shawl-addiction.html

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay
Robin said…
I am currently knitting the Shetland Lace Triangle out of my handspun silk that I finished. I am loving it.