Skip to main content

Yarn Crawl

I took the day off of work on Friday, and Mitchell, Mom, and I did the St. Louis Summer's Last Blast Yarn Crawl. Here was our route:

The Weaving Department
Knit and Caboodle
Hearthstone Knits
Kirkwood Knittery
The Cheesecake Factory (Well, it isn't yarn, but...)
Knitorious
Knitty Couture

You can see these and other StL yarn shops on the compiled StL yarn store map.

I bought less stuff than you might think, but, of course, we were on a mission to obtain stamps on our "passports," as much as to obtain yarn... I did manage to obtain the following yarn and needles...

Cascade 220

The Cascade 220 is to make the Hawthorn Pullover by Kathy Zimmerman, published in the Fall 2010 Interweave Knits.

Hawthorne Pullover by Kathy Zimmerman

Rowan Cocoon

Another color of Cocoon to make a third "Haven," since there are three grandmas... This color is called "Tundra." (Recall that I bought "Mountain" and "Polar" last week to make Christmas scarves...).


Brittany Needles in Size 17

The Brittany's are to make "Cherish," another sweater from Kim Hargreaves' "Heartfelt - The Dark House," a cute shrug which should be fairly quick to knit... though I don't have the yarn, yet. I'm planning navy blue.

Kim Hargreaves' Cherish

That's it! I only bought things in three of the six shops, so I hope you admire my restraint! Ha!

The passports enter us (Mom and me) in drawings for prizes from each shop, as well as a grand prize. You have to be 18 to win, so Mitchell didn't get a passport. Too bad! Hearthstone Knits had a pretty black Namaste bag as their prize, which even Mom would like! Cross your fingers!

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments