Skip to main content

Alexandra Hoodie Started

The cover sweater on the Fall 2010 Knitscene magazine is another fabulous hoodie. Of course, Knitscene is the magazine that brought us the ubiquitous Central Park Hoodie, as well. The latest jewel of a hoodie is the Alexandra Hoodie by Rosemary (Romi) Hill.


Fall 2010 Knitscene, Alexandra Hoodie on the Cover

Romi is also the designer of the Brandywine Shawl, which is downloadable from her website, Designs By Romi. Not only is it a lovely shawl, but all proceeds go to Haiti relief. As of today, the Ravelry pattern page indicates that $13,000 have been sent to Haiti. Wow, that is a lot of patterns!

I've finished the back and the fronts, and just started one sleeve. I'm using Dream In Color, Classy, in the colorway "Blue Lagoon."

Alexandra Hoodie, Back Completed


Alexandra Hoodie, Fronts Blocking (one upside-down)

Stitches Close-Up (Stockinette with Seed Stitch Border)

And since I always have a sock going as my "take-along" project, I started a coordinating sock in Dream In Color, Smooshy, in the same colorway. I don't have a pattern, but I'm just alternating blocks of stockinette and seed stitch, to go with the hoodie.


Socks For My Hoodie

The hoodie looks very "wearable," I think it will get some use. My office is like a meat-locker, even in the summer, so I can get some mileage out of sweaters. :)

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments