Skip to main content

Gaga for Gaughan

I think Norah Gaughan is the bee's knees. She does fabulous stuff and is absolutely everywhere. Of course, as the design director of Berroco, she has fingers in many pies (or knitting baskets)... but I continue to be amazed at how widely she publishes, and how constantly. She online, as well as print, including the Knitty Fall 2010 "cover" design. I have several books that include her designs, including her own book, Knitting Nature: 39 Designs Inspired by Patterns in Nature.

Still, the sweater that has me swooning is a brand new one in the Winter 2010/11 Vogue Knitting, which just popped into my mailbox this week...

Gaughan vogue cardigan

The yarn is Berroco's Ultra Alpaca. The ruffle is Ultra Alpaca Light. Because of the multiple weights of yarn in the same colorways, it will be a challenge to substitute other yarns. (Dream in Color Classy and Smooshy, perhaps???) But I think the "Pea Soup" color is spectacular, so why switch? :)

This design isn't loaded in Ravelry, yet, or it would already be in my "queue."

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments