Skip to main content

Le Tour de Fleece




I believe I am about to be "whorled" into le Tour de Fleece. The group of spinners runs a spin-along of sorts in concert with the bicycle race, Tour de France. It starts Saturday! From July 2 though July 24, the group spins every day except Monday the 11th and Monday 18th, when the cyclists rest. There is a special challenge day on the 22nd, when the cyclists have their hilliest ride. There is a Ravelry group for le Tour de Fleece. There are different groups associated with cyclist groups (like The Peloton) or different fiber dyers or wheel makers. I joined Schacht (since I spin on a Ladybug). Participants are encouraged to post progress pictures daily... Hmmm... I'm not sure I need another project, you know? Still, it seems so cool! (I'm such a joiner.)

Happy Spinning,
Lisa Kay

Comments