Skip to main content

TdF Day 3: Spunky Eclectic and Funky Carolina-- Plied, and All Spun Up Singles-- Started

TdF 2011 Day 3

I spun the last four ounces of Spunky Eclectic, Twilight, and then plied the eight ounces of Twilight singles with eight ounces of Some Simple Song. Notice how one of the skeins has a lot more green (in the Twilight). The same skein also had more brown in the Some Simple Song, so the overall color looks quite a bit different.

I also spun the first four ounces of All Spun Up singles. I like the way the color is mainly dark, with hints of gold and green. I have decided to just ply this with itself, not another colorway. It won't be enough for a garment, but perhaps I can stripe it with another yarn for a vest.

I made a lot more progress this weekend than I really expected to make. I won't go as fast during work days...

Happy Spinning,
Lisa Kay

Comments