Skip to main content

Grandfather's Clocks

My dad's father used to have a very extensive wood shop at home, and he made all kinds of projects and sold them at craft fairs. In 1979, he retired to Florida and sold his house and all his woodworking equipment. He gave my dad two unfinished clocks, partially assembled. The parts were still in my dad's house when he moved last November, and he gave the pieces to me. I purchased new paper clock faces and asked my father-in-law to finish the wood of the clocks, since he has a lot of experience re-finishing furniture. He was gracious enough to take care of the project for me. I gave one of the clocks to my brother and will keep one for myself. It is quite a keepsake. My grandfather passed away on All Hallows Eve in 1995.

clocks

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments