Skip to main content

Alberta Vest

I went back to a slightly older Jared Flood pattern, Alberta, which was published in the Spring 2009 "Wild Fibers" magazine. Alberta is a men's vest with alternating 3-row stripes of color. The use of three rows of knitting drives a need to steek instead of knitting flat. Because Alberta was shaped for men, I used the Huxley shaping, but incorporated the striping and the V-neck of Alberta.

For Alberta, I had spun yarn back around the time I bought the magazine, and the yarn has been patiently waiting to become a vest. The fiber is Gale's Art BFL, in the colors Peacock and Ruby Swirl.

Alberta

Alberta

Alberta

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

My Ravelry Alberta Vest project page.

Comments

Ellen said…
Hey there. Love the hair cut - you look terrific. Fun vest - those Noro colors are really too much fun, aren't they! Mitchell looks great in his Superman costume. Won't be long before he has real muscles like that...