I started with the sleeves, thinking I would make them long and then just "use up" the rest of the yarn in the body. So I used my gauge to figure out the number of rows in the sleeve (nineteen inches from the armhole), included 20 stitches for each color change (1B, 4A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 2A, 4B, 1A), and then divided the remaining stitchss evenly to each yarn.
Well, I just finished the first sleeve, and I was so tickled with how it turned out that I wanted to share a picture.
The other sleeve and the body will not look quite the same. The blue section, especially, will be unique because that is the bluest part of that yarn. Most of the rest of the yarn skein has the blue in only one ply at a time... the unique beauty of handspun!
I'm enjoying just watching how it turns out as I go. Every section will be different...