Skip to main content

Rogue Crafting

Every once in a while I do something a little different... This one started as knitting related, really! A couple of weeks ago, I got the idea to make some beaded stitch markers. I had gotten one stitch marker as a gift in a yarn order, and I liked the way it was made. (Maybe I should say, "sample" instead of "gift," but it didn't say who had made it...) I decided I could make some like it, and I purchased some colored wire to go along with some beads I already had. It worked out great, and I had a coordinating "beginning of round" marker to go with the set. I wrapped the wire around a size nine needle to set the loop size. They will be a bit large for sock knitting, though usable, but I think of them more as sweater markers for raglan increases, or perhaps lace markers (the only reason to make more than four, I think).

beading

I was so pleased with how well the stitch marker project went that it inspired me to make a necklace, too.

beading

I have not gotten out my beading supplies for a good ten years or so. I'm not sure why, now... It's fun!

On the spinning front, I'm about 4.5 bobbins into my six-bobbin combo spin.

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments