Skip to main content

Travelin' Socks

I finally finished up some socks I have had on the needles since late February. I have worked on them almost exclusively when traveling, since I've been focusing on sweaters, otherwise. I find socks to be my best travel knitting, because I can carry them on the plane without taking an extra carry-on bag. I just use a cosmetics bag for my sock knitting, and the whole bag fits into the top of my purse.

I used a striped sock pattern called "Burning Stripes" from the "3 Sheets to the Wind" blog. It uses a "Boomerang Heel," which is a new thing to me, but not that different from a short row heel. Because of the graduated stripes, it calls for a long-color-transition yarn for at least one of the yarns. I used Skacel Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball in a blue-black-green colorway "Submarine," and contrasted with a Zen Yarn Garden semi-solid in a club colorway, "Navy Spritz."



In some places, the colors blended together a bit, but I'm happy with them.

glacial stripes - 3

glacial stripes - 2

glacial stripes - 1

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments