Skip to main content

Interest in Pinterest

You might notice a new feature... If you "mouse over" a photo, a little Pinterest symbol comes up. That allows you to "pin" the photo on your Pinterest board. I just recently started using Pinterest. Some friends at work told me to go check it out some time ago, but I had some trouble getting it to work. Long story short, I have a new internet service (same provider, different technology). Between that and a few other tweaks, things are working better, and my ability to load Pinterest is one of the benefits.

So, I'm just getting started with the thing, but I really like it. Lots of cool crafty stuff! "Pinning" means (as far as I can tell) putting a copy of a picture on your boards, which provides a link to the original site and a place to put your own comments. It is a great way to keep track of nifty ideas or favorite photos (and links to helpful tips, recipes, etc). I have mostly been just browsing through other pins and occasionally "re-pinning" something. It occurred to me to wonder how things get pinned the first time, and so I started searching on the topic. It turns out that you can add a tool to your own browser so that you can pin any picture from another blog or site (even it if doesn't have "mouse over" pin it links). There are instructions for Mozilla here. There are also instructions for creating the "mouse over" button on Blogger here.

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Lisa,
Pinterest is addictive-- tons of great ideas.

How's the weaving going? Am interested in an update on your class.

Martha from Ohio.