Skip to main content

Handspun Ivy League Vest

I had a bit of a delay, because I decided to take the arm bands off and narrow the shoulders. I steeked off five more stitches (about an inch). At the bottom of the arm hole shaping, I snipped one thread and put five more stitches on the holder for the steek and then machine sewed five rows inside the previous stitching. I trimmed away on the previous fold line. That made the lower armhole shaping cut away, so the new pickup was just along a diagonal of stitches (not actual knitted shaping). That turned out OK, in fact, somewhat neater than the shaping. This brings to memory an article in Interweave Knits some years back, about Karen Allen (yes, the actress from Raiders of the Lost Ark), who machine knits and then cuts the fabric to shape.

In the end, I'm very happy with the outcome. In fact, I should probably stop knitting, now, because surely it is downhill from here, no?

Ivy League Finished - Front

Ivy League Finished - Back

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments

Anonymous said…
beautiful job from spinning to finishing