Skip to main content

Wrapping Up 2013

I've had a few other things going which I haven't posted, yet...

In November, I finished a pair of socks and started another, on a trip. The finished pair is #65, another set of "BFF" socks from CookieA's "Knit. Sock. Love." I used Mountain Colors "Bearfoot" yarn in the colorway "Meadow." I really liked the color combination, and I thought all the while that I was knitting with it that it would make a good start to a set of colors for a Fair Isle project, maybe something along the line of Eunny Jang's "Autumn Rose," sort of like the bottom photo in this blog post.



With the second yarn I carried along on the trip, I started sock pair #66, another set of BFF socks. The yarn is Hedgehog Fibers sock club yarn in "Lagoon."



I've also done a bit of spinning, some Spirit Trail Fiberworks Merino/Silk Angora (50/30/20%) in the colorway, "Loch Ness." It is about 370 yards, 16 wpi. I just spun four ounces (even though I have 16.)



On Christmas Eve, I started a Baltasound Cropped Jumper from Ann Feitelson's "The Art of Fair Isle Knitting." I had to re-work the hem row a couple of times. I kept losing one stitch. Weird. Anyway, it seems to be going well now. It is Harrisville Designs "Shetland" in Spruce and White. I ordered it from the weaving yarn section of Webs, where the Harrisville yarns are put up on cones rather than skeins.





Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments