Skip to main content

Spin 365

I've joined a group planning to spin every day in 2014. (Ravelry Forum Link). Each person can set their own goal, but the general idea is to spin at least a bit each day of the year. I'm going to go for 15 minutes a day and see how that works (well, every day that I am home).

Spin 365 Icon

In the first three days of the year, I spun four ounces of Shetland in the colorway "White Pepper" by Southern Cross Fibre. It was quite a bit more than 15 minutes each day for those three days (as I'm on Christmas break). It took me about two hours per ounce, as it is spun quite thin, about 36-40 wpi in the singles. I'm trying to duplicate the size of the Harrisville Designs Shetland I'm using for the Baltasound Cropped Jumper (two posts back).



It is part of a three-color combo pack with "Amphora" and "Java." I have eight ounces of each. I thought I had six ounces of each (three bags), but having unearthed the following picture, I realize I need to go hunt for the fourth bag.

SCF - Shetland - Neutrals

I'm also going to spin natural (undyed) Shetland in White, Black, and Moorit (Grey).

Natural White Shetland 2

Natural Black Shetland 2

Natural Moorit Shetland 2

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments