Skip to main content

Drunkard's Path

I returned to a UFO (unfinished object) that has been in its project bag since I took a class at the 2011 AQS show in Nashville. It was a class called "Curing Curve-a-Phobia," and we basically learned how to make the quarter circle blocks for an old-fashioned "Drunkard's Path" block. I had made nine blocks. I pulled them out and put them together with two borders. Here is the quilt sandwich, ready to be basted:

Drunkards Path - 1 Drunkards Path - 2

I started hand quilting. Here are the first two circles quilted.

Drunkards Path - 3

I'm really pleased with how the quilting is going. I purchased a TJ's Quick Quilter spoon, having seen an article from Jenny Beyer saying how well it worked at resolving the problem of sore fingers from sticking them with the needle. (I also recommend the video. I never would have figured it out, otherwise.) In addition to solving sore fingers, it also helps gauge stitches. I am very pleased to say that I'm getting ten stitches per inch. I recall that I used to get around six. My hand quilting still leaves some room for improvement in neatness/consistency, but it's come a long way!

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments