Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Mitchell and I are on a snow day, and I finished appliqueing the background pieces for the Butterfly Sampler. The basic instructions are to use a monochrome background. I thought the "off-white" might be a bit boring, but it helps if you call it, "Champagne." Hah! I made it a little bit bigger than instructed... and my butterflies will be a bit further apart. The example in "Creative Texturing" had two perpendicular rows of blocks, edged with ribbons, and a single circle. I went with three, obviously. Here are a couple in closeup. These will be fund to embellish with embroidery... The book also had three little hexagon flower elements, which I decided to do, as well. I found the "English Paper Piecing" (EPP) unexpectedly fun to do. Now, I suppose I'll end up collecting little hexagons in a box, somewhere... I'm ready to sew on butterflies! Happy Knitting, Lisa Kay Previous Butterfly / Sue Spargo post, here.