Skip to main content

Florida Vacation

I see it has been almost a year since my last blog. I've knitted a few things in the interim, which I should get photographed and posted. I'm also doing a bunch of wool applique and embroidery. Still, this is more of a family post, the latest vacation adventure. I finally coerced Chris and Mitchell into airline travel with me, which was a first for both of them in their lifetimes. Perhaps not so surprising for an 11-year-old, but a pretty big deal for the 48-year-old.

FL-First Flight

We went to Ft. Walton Beach, Florida, and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, which was right on the beach and had a boardwalk/stair exit from the pool area to the sand.

FL - Hotel 1

FL - Ocean 1

FL - Beach 4

FL - Beach 2

FL - Beach 3

FL - Beach 1

I spent some time under an umbrella, sewing. These are the borders for the 2016 Sue Spargo Block of the Month, "Cuppa."

FL - Sewing

And this is my view from under the umbrella.

FL - Beach 5

We went out to Pensacola to see the National Naval Aviation Museum.

FL - PNNAS

We played miniature golf one evening.

FL - Golf

But we mostly hung out at the pool and the beach. The pool was set up as a "lazy river" with a current that would carry folks around a loop. It was a gorgeous pool area, and note the ocean in the background.

FL - Pool 2

FL - Pool 1

It was clearly a tough week for everybody!

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments