Skip to main content

Custom Quilt Rack

 As I am twitching and squirming about, waiting for my Gammill Statler to arrive (two hours and forty minutes to go...), I thought I'd share some pictures of the custom quilt rack that Chris had made for my birthday. It just arrived on Monday. Yes, that is a few days late... but it was being made... to specifications. You gotta love this man!


Yes, yes, I have it upside down in the photo. The top of the bars go parallel to the floor, of course.


I haven't decided where to hang it. It will have to be on a stud, certainly. It will also take up a fair amount of space, once the four arms are loaded and sort of overlapping each other.

How cool is that? It's beautiful. It was made at Kunz Carpentry in Trenton, IL. The workmanship is incredible. Chris said that they liked the design and said they should have made two... one for display in the shop! When Chris was telling me I'd have to wait for my birthday present, he said he had "drafted" something. I didn't figure it out, though. It's awesome!

Happy Quilting,

Lisa Kay

Comments