Skip to main content

Last Jumpstarter Started

 Of the six Jumpstarters in the Skill Builders Club sets, I'm on the sixth one, the August 2019 set of placemats. I have all four basted and Stitched in the Ditch (SID), and I finished quilting the first one.




I had a mishap last night, as I was just about to change thread for the last time on the fifth Jumpstarter, the May 2019 Border Corner set. I hit the "single stitch" button while my finger was too close to the needle. It both stabbed and crushed my finger. I also pulled my finger away, instinctively, and the needle ripped sideways out of the little bit of meat it had caught. Ouch. I'll see if I can get into the doctor, tomorrow, and get a tetanus shot. Mine is eleven years old, so just out of date.

Here's the border corner project, just before putting the white thread on for the cross-hatching. I finished it today, and I'll get some pics after I put the binding on...


Happy Quilting,

Lisa Kay

Comments