Skip to main content

Skill Builder Clubs - Second Jumpstarter Set Done

I finished quilting, bound, and wet blocked the second trio of Jumpstarters, the previous Skill Builder Club (SBC) sets, from Methodist Hill Quilt Studio. 

I learned a lot and feel like I'm ready to take on some of my own projects... though I'm likely to do a few more SBCs, first. "Abstracts In April" is already in the post-quilting "burying ends" phase...




I can't tell you how awesome the club sets are, with all the associated instruction for how to do each section of each project. The software is complicated enough that having such a "walk thru" is totally invaluable! I joked with Rob from At the Heart of Quilting, when he set up my machine, about getting eight Skill Builders done in a weekend... Well, it wasn't quite that fast. I'm on my 14th day (not counting install day), and I've just taken the seventh off the frame (pictures of that one are coming...). I did have to work my "day job" during the first week of that time. But, yes, eight in a weekend was overly ambitious. (One has to have goals, no?)

I should say, by the way, that joining the Skill Builder Club enables a very nice discount on previous clubs, including Jumpstarters. I can't recommend these enough, especially for anyone just starting out with their Statler. 

Happy Quilting,

Lisa Kay

Comments