Skip to main content

Monster Socks

Hi,

I finished my "monster" socks for the monthly knit along, which are intended to be using "leftovers" from other socks.

The orange is Creatively Dyed Calypso, color "HotHotHot," leftover from my "On Hold" socks, and the green is leftover Creatively Dyed Calypso, color "Good Will," from my "Sea Weed" socks, both other monthly KAL socks. I used about 2/3 skein of each for a pair, so 1/3 skein of each just about used up the rest.


I used Meg Swanson's Jogless Stripes Technique, shown on Interweave Daily. It makes it look like there is one less row in the first stitch of the round, but it removes the "jog" associated with the beginning of the round at a color change. In the picture below, the needle is pointing to the first stitch in the round. I used three rows per color, and you can see that the first stitch in each round looks like it only has two rows per color... but no jog.


Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments