Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shamrock Sock Progress

Hi,

I have my first Shamrock Sock done.


I also got a better close-up picture of the stitch pattern. It does look like shamrocks, as intended, but it is a bit more "bubbly" in texture than I really wanted. I may try another pair with more space between the shamrocks. This is the calf, with the top on the left of the picture.


Here's the chart pattern that I made up to get a "four-leaf clover" type of shamrock.


I used sixty total stitches in the sock, so there are three repeats of the pattern on the instep, and then six on the calf. I used a size smaller needle than normal (2.25 mm instead of 2.5 mm), because it was coming out a little big with all the yarnovers (YOs) in there. Also, the sort of bubbly appearance lays a little flatter if it is somewhat snug.

ETA: Download free pattern

Happy Knitting!
Lisa Kay

Previous post on Shamrock.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I like that pattern. Nice work.

Laura said...

That looks great! I think I'll have to try your pattern with some green Koigu I have.