Skip to main content

More On Lace

Hi,

In case you were wondering, the pink shawl in the previous post is a pattern from Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby.


 


I've also noticed that this appears to be one of the patterns not loaded in Ravelry. There are 37 loaded, but the book notes say 44 patterns. Perhaps if I finish this one and get some decent photos, they will load the pattern... I could ask. I wonder what they would put in as a title?
 
It is the pattern on page 100 of the book, which is just called, "Scarf," and then the subtitle is "with edging 21 and insertion 25 from 'The Knitted Lace Pattern Book,' Thompson Bros, Kilmarnock, Scotland, 1850." Interesting, but not exactly a catchy title.

I'm using Fiesta Yarns' La Luz, which is 100% silk, in the color Champagne.

By the way, another pattern that has caught my eye is Brandywine (Ravelry Link). The one that Roxanne from Zen Yarn Garden made in Serenity 20 is absolutely stunning. See it on her blog. I also happen to have a few colors of Serenity 20, and it only takes one skein... I have a grey, a purple, and of course, the Art Club green from June that I showed in an earlier post.

Here is another lovely example in Caper Sock. I have some of that, too!

So many choices... but I think I'm doing the Shetland Lace Triangle, first...

Happy Knitting,
Lisa Kay

Comments